Wednesday, March 28, 2012

They Say It's My Birthday



While I agree with many of Patton Oswalt's bits and find him hilarious, I disagree with him on birthdays.  I think the big 2-5 deserves a birthday because you are now a quarter of a century old.  And not just because today is the day that I mark this milestone.

Last year I felt my birthday was a non-event in terms of aging; I didn't really feel any different from how I had felt as a 23-year-old.  I was so, so touched that all my friends in France came out to celebrate with me.

I haven't been too hung up on my new number (so far).  Although, in the last three weeks I have gotten my first facial, a make-up consultation, a pore-refining cream, and am researching BB and eye creams (any advice?).  While this may  have been partially subconsciously motivated by my new number, it also had to do with the fact that I haven't really updated my skin care routine since being a teenager afflicted with acne.

I marked my birthday on the blog last year with a list of things I was thankful for.  This is my last "big" birthday for a while, the next ones being my champagne birthday and a new decade.  In this spirit, I'd like your help making a list of 30 things to do before I'm 30 (not just travel related).  What do you think I should do? 

4 comments:

Helen A. said...

-Play hookie from work
-go to a strip club
-ride in a hot air balloon

that's what i've got for now!

Vanessa said...

I love the hot air balloon idea! I have a bunch of air miles accumulated (but still can't fly anywhere I want to go) but one of the thugs it said I could get is a hot air balloon ride.

Sierra said...

Don't do the hot air balloon! Someone I knew once got a ride in one for her birthday. There was an accident and the basket fell 80 feet to the ground. She survived, although she was in the hospital for weeks and her face got all messed up. The old man that was in the basket with her, however, died.

Hot air balloons scare me!

Vanessa said...

That's horrible! I was definitely sketched out when I read the release I would have had to sign if I went on a hot air balloon ride.