Sunday, February 12, 2012

2 Days in Seattle

Pike Place Market, September 2004.
I was feeling a bit down the week before last.  I considered running my frustrations out, or binging on ice cream and drinking wine by myself while watching television (how cute is this Pity Party kit found via Cup of Jo?).  But then I remembered having passed a poster on a bus stop for a Gauguin exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum.  I suggested to Peter that we attend the exhibit and make a weekend trip out of it to coincide with our upcoming five-year(!) anniversary.  Planning this, and another upcoming trip, made me feel instantly better.


Almost simultaneously, I also began noticing these 2 Days in Seattle ads run by Seattle's Convention and Visitors Bureau all over the city.  "The promotion is part of . . . [an] off-season advertising campaign targeting San Francisco, Portland and Vancouver, British Columbia," and ties into a major interactive online component.

Seattle makes total sense for a weekend trip from Vancouver, but oddly enough I've only ever been there three times.  Once in 2004 to see Van Gogh at the SAM, again in 2005 to see Blonde Redhead and Interpol play, and lastly in 2010 when Peter and I stopped for lunch Fremont to see the statue of Lenin.

I'm really looking forward to the Gauguin exhibit, checking out Pike Place Market, and grabbing a bite at Odd Fellows Café.

No comments: