Sunday, May 8, 2011

Where Am I? London!


You guessed it: I was in London!

1. William the Conqueror vanquished London in 1066.

2. Six-hundred years later the city nearly burnt down in the Great Fire of London of 1666.

3. The knot is a reference to the London Underground, art by David Shrigley that adorned a map of the Tube.

4. Big Ben is actually the name of the bell, not the clock tower. Nevertheless it is a big deal as one of London's main attractions.

5. The royal wedding, which I’m sure was referred to by media as a fairy tale, was the event I missed both times I was in London.

Congratulations to Rachelle! Email me your mailing address and I'll send your postcard! Thank you to everyone who played!

I can’t wait to tell you about my two trips to London, but I’m leaving on my next trip tomorrow, so I have my second to last postcard challenge for you!

No comments: