Saturday, April 16, 2011

How are Things on the West Coast?


This is my current desktop picture. I can't believe how fast this year abroad has flown by. I thought the period from la rentrée from Christmas vacation to February/March break was short, but these last weeks from la rentrée from March break until Easter break have gone by in the blink of an eye. After some travelling and Postcard Challenges, I'll be home!

It's bittersweet. Despite the downs, among the many ups, I'll be sad to be leaving my French town and France. But at the same time I'm looking forward to whatever life is going to bring my way next. I currently have the famous John Lennon quote, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

I'm also excited to see all the ways in which Vancouver has changed, the new little details I'll notice, and even bracing for reverse culture shock.

So, dear readers back home, how are things on the West Coast? What should I know about before coming home?

(Photo by NASA via Design*Sponge)

2 comments:

Mandy MacRae said...

Well Vanessa, all I can say is that the West Coast sounds wonderful, because here in Calgary it just keeps snowing every week! We just had about 21 cms of snow last Saturday :O I'm definitely looking forward to going back to the West Coast - Andrew and I are going over the Easter weekend. Horray! I'm looking forward to meeting up with you again when we're in the same cities :) Your blog, pictures and comments are always fun to read - enjoy the last bit of France while you're there for a little while longer. Have fun!

- Mandy

Vanessa said...

Thanks Mandy. I look forward to seeing you both as well.