Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One-Way Ticket



On September 23 I will be boarding a plane bound for Paris. The feeling of having just bought a one-way ticket is exhilarating.

Although I didn't take these particular photos, these are some of the views of this fair city I will see as the plane departs. Depending on the runway the plane takes off from, it typically circles around and you get a pretty good view of the city and the southern suburbs. Whenever flying, I would always try and find my house, which is visible in the second shot.

(photos by Stefan Brown)

2 comments:

And Kathleen said...

I've never even considered how fabulous it would be to purchase a one-way ticket. Are you living in France now? Or just visiting for an unplanned amount of time?

Vanessa said...

Hi Kathleen,

I will be leaving for France on Thursday (I can't believe how soon that is!) and be living and teaching English there until late next Spring.